07803 135409 01268 386923 info@greenacreoak.co.uk

Planning & Advice for Oak Buildings

In some cases if you are planning to build something on your property or make a significant change to the building such as changing the use of the building or adding an extension, the likelihood is that you will need to seek permission from your local planning office first. To find out if this is the case, you can contact your local planning authority who will be able to inform you if you would require this.

It is easy to apply for planning permission as this can now be done online but you cannot carry out the work until you have it. There are however a range of buildings that do not require you to seek out permission first and fall in to the ‘permitted developments rights’ category. Once you have spoken to your local planning office they will inform you if your development falls in to this category. A building likely to come in to this category would be those that have no impact on the environment and on your neighbours.